Monday, August 4, 2014

What am I doing wrong?

The screen recorder starts. Kentt is shown sitting in that of a cabin. Unlike the frigate cabin in his last video, this one is bigger, and has remains of Amarr designs on the walls mixed in with large Verokior rugs. Kentt frowns at the camera, as he folds his hands together and rests his head upon them before speaking.

"What am I doing wrong? ...The Rusted Horde is gone. ...Odinfar is MIA. I don't understand why pilots like to just disappear when they began to have a good thing going. Ideas happening, people following them. This is the second time it has happened. So here I am wasting away in this Minmatar corporation called Native Freshfood, and I am hauling groceries to keep the isk flowing. My other friends... Pappeto, Neka... they have basically have done the same in other corporations. The only good news is we have most of our gear packed away just incase a third chance presents itself.

...It has been 3 months since we left the Rusted Horde. There are no large groups of Minmatar resistances anymore, and what remains seems to be fairly unorganized."

Kentt spins slowly in his seat, looking around the room.

"So I have been without a lot to do. I am once again wandering. This time I am wandering in a ship that has stayed together for a good... 3 years I think? An Amarr battleship I decided to throw Minmatar weapons on and call Godless and Grand. Now that is a name that would make the Amarrians angry. Hasn't seen a lot of solo fights, and I want it to stay that way. The crew is happy. I once envisioned it fighting in a large battleship fleet out in enemy space. Not like that would ever happen I guess.

But here we are in Pator. I decided to have some of the crew take leave and set up a site down on Matar. Decided to make a random VR location in the desert and allow us to live like we were born to live. Time to time, I'll visit there. The ship here is acting like our portable station. The shuttles bring water and other commodities to the base. Other then that, we live off the land down there, nomad-style.

But yea... not a lot has happened. I feel dead from all this lack of excitement. I want to think that the desert campsite will help me in some way. I know the crew likes it. It allows us to make connections with the local nomads. Maybe even do a few trades. Maybe I was not meant for space. Maybe I was to just live like I should have, and space was a distraction. Or maybe a way for me to help those less fortunate then I by providing jobs and usefulness. I bet Pappy and Neka feel that way too."

Kentt reaches across the desk for his Hphone and starts browsing the net on it. His face goes though boredom and occasionally a smirk would appear when he found something entertaining. Ten minutes pass before he looks back up noticing the camera still on.

"Dammit", Kentt reaches over and turns off the feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment